Ten Signs A Book Might Be Written By Me

Helen has tagged me for a meme.  This is the first time I've done one of these, so I might borrow some thoughts.

1.  It is between 70,000 and 100,000 words long.  I do not write doorstoppers.  

2.  The main character is in her (or his) early adulthood.

3.  The setting is a fantasy world which is often new to the main character, as well as to readers.

4.  I will describe the food.  So far the cuisine of my fantasy worlds is heavy on filled breads.

5.  Early in the story, the main character meets a group of people who are also new to town.  

6.  There is usually more than one viewpoint character.

7.  The story usually features a long journey. 

8.  Romances are unconventional and not always successful.  

9.  No one in the story has a regular job in the modern sense, and many of the characters are unconventional in their careers even for their world.

10.  The main character has a bit of a self-esteem problem, and certainly doesn't start off thinking that he/she can change the world.

Wow, I didn't think I'd be able to come up with ten things.  It's a bit difficult to think of this in general terms because I've been working almost entirely on one series, with a single set of characters, for the past six years, but I have written a few other things which do have some things in common with my big fantasy series.  

And now, I'll steal a few more minutes of Nova's nap to look at my first few chapters yet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spanische Windtorte

Transatlantic Baby