Coal Barge

Crash.  Whirr, creak, rattle, CRASH!  That's been the story since sometime between 3 and 5 AM and now, getting on towards 11.  When the barge pulled up along our side of the docks on Saturday, I kind of knew that it wasn't here for the scrap metal.  I half hoped it was just here for a restful visit to Galway, maybe a little pub crawl for the crew, then quietly off over the horizon of Galway Bay.

But no.  It's here on business.  Loud, just outside the window business.  Shortly after the barge arrived the other day, a giant, rusty funnel was set beside it.  Now all morning trucks have been lining up underneath it and the local crane has been scooping and dumping with rattles and crashes, waking me up at every turn.  

Much as I love our view of all the activity on the harbor, this is one of those times when I think that a little quiet would be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spanische Windtorte

Transatlantic Baby