Resolution Slide

I have never been an especially fast reader, but I used to be able to get through a book in a week or so, most of the time.  So, when I made my new year's resolution to read one good novel a month, I thought I should be able to manage it.  Three and a half months into the year, I'm starting to slip.

Well, my book for March wasn't a novel, and I didn't get properly started on it until well into the month.  I finished reading White Mughals around midnight last night, and I must say it was worth the effort and more. I picked it up as research for the historical romance that I'm supposedly working on. I wanted to learn a bit more about the East India Company around the beginning of the 19th century, as background for the male lead in my story.  It gave me what I was looking for and greatly broadened my perspective on that period in history.  In addition, it had a compelling plot and was excellently written.  

I had checked the book out of the library, but made such slow progress that I had to renew it three times.  I am frustrated by my apparent inability to average more than 15 pages of reading in a day, but I'm glad that I found a copy of this book and now own it, so I can go back to it at any time.  

Next up, I am going to read a nice, light 20th century novel, one that I might be able to finish in the next two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spanische Windtorte

Transatlantic Baby