On Blogging

Lately I've been thinking about starting a serious blog, with regular, reasonably frequent posts and content that other people might actually want to read.  To that end, I've whiled away most of the past week learning about blogs, websites, etc. 

I have fallen behind the times.  Sure, I knew about twitter and indexing and submitting to search engines, but the intricacies of feeds, wordpress, etc. are all new to me.  I didn't even know how to set up a counter on this blog. I'm still looking for one. 

I am making progress, though. Two days ago, I signed up for a website hosting account at Fat Cow, and this morning I figured out how to sign up for Google Analytics.  I was surprised to discover that it was free.  Why didn't I know that before? 

I'm hoping to get all this sorted in the next few months, and to launch my new blog/website sometime this summer.  I'll probably even announce it here, just in case anyone stops by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spanische Windtorte

Transatlantic Baby