Ireland: One Month and counting

We have officially been in our new place for a week and a half.  I am getting used to the view, and also getting used to spending most mornings around the house waiting for the plumber/electrician/tiler/landlord/NTL installer.  The list of bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo which we have to deal with never seems to get any shorter, no matter how many items I cross off the list.  Piles of boxes still clutter the apartment.

Still, some semblance of routine is creeping in.  Nova and I spend most mornings here, doing laundry and having breakfast, then wander around town socializing and maybe doing a few errands until Mike comes home a little after five.  Sometimes I manage to write a little.  I've been to aikido a couple of times in the evening.  I'm getting used to line-drying the cloth diapers.  I have a pretty good idea of where to find 80% of the groceries I want.  I am spending much less time with Mike's mum, which is good for my sense of independence.  

I think that this week I will write more, in between all the visits from tradesmen and the trips to government offices.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spanische Windtorte

Transatlantic Baby